Inner Hoe Uprising's Top 2017 Podcasts #PodsInColor
1. Queer WOC - Join Money and Nikeeta, two Black Queer Troublemakers, on this biweekly podcast celebrating our lives, loves, and laughs. QueerWOC is a space for queer women of color rooted in re-imagining healing and community.
2. Marsha’s Plate Trans Talk - Marsha's Plate is a lively podcast where three friends come together every Thursday to share opinions and perspectives through a black trans folk's lens. Hosted By Diamond Stylz, Mia Mix, and Zee. All Houston-Based digital strategist, black feminist, civil right advocates, and trans people of color
3. Therapy for Black Girls - The Therapy for Black Girls Podcast is a weekly chat about all things mental health, personal development, and all the small decisions we can make to become the best possible versions of ourselves. Join your host, Dr. Joy Harden Bradford, a licensed Psychologist in Atlanta, Georgia, as she offers practical tips and strategies to improve your mental health, discusses the latest news and trends in mental health, pulls back the curtain on what happens in therapy sessions, and answers your listener questions.
Android: Google Play
4. Black Widow - Jessica Kelly dares to go against the grain when it comes to the world of sexuality. She ventures into the idea that maybe there are no boundaries when it comes to sex. Maybe you don’t have to be in love with your sex partner. Maybe, there is nothing wrong with passionate, casual sex. In this scripted erotica podcast, join Jessica as she navigates these thoughts through exploration of her sexual freedom. While trying to avoid the pitfalls of sex and relationships, she is driven by her vivid imagination, an open mind and her wit that tends to get her into more trouble than she expects.
5. Tea With Queen & J - Queen and J. are two funny womanist race nerds from the Bronx talking pop culture, politics and liberation over tea!
6. Black Men Can’t Jump in Hollywood - Forged from a Facebook wall argument over Martin Lawrence's performance in Blue Streak, Black Men Can't Jump is a podcast that reviews the films of leading black actors and discusses them in the context of Hollywood's race problem.
7. Bodega Boys - The brand is strong! The Bronx's very own Desus Nice & THE KID MERO aka the Bodega Boys (from Desus & Mero on Viceland) are giving you their irreverent yet hilarious takes on all things pop culture.
8. The Black Guy Who Tips Podcast - Rod and Karen discuss pop culture, current events and more from a comedic perspective. A Free Comedy Talk Show With the Motto - Nothing's Wrong If It's Funny.
10. The Read - Join bloggers Kid Fury and Crissle for their weekly podcast covering hip-hop and pop culture's most trying stars. Throwing shade and spilling tea with a flippant and humorous attitude, no star is safe from Fury and Crissle unless their name is Beyoncé. (Or Blue Ivy.)