2017 Top Podcasts by Black Women #Top2017Podcasts
1. The Stoop - The Stoop podcast digs into stories that are not always shared out in the open. Hosts Leila Day and Hana Baba start conversations and provide professionally-reported stories about what it means to be black and how we talk about blackness. Come hang out on The Stoop as we dialog about the diaspora.
2. Myleik Teele's Podcast #MyTaughtYou - I am an entrepreneur and currently running curlBOX.com. I share my insights, things I've learned along the way in hopes to teach you the things I had to learn the HARD way!
3. Black Girl in Om - Welcome to your go-to conversation on all things wellness, self-care and self-love for women of color, hosted by Black Girl In Om Founder Lauren Ash and Art Director Deun Ivory. This show uplifts, affirms, and informs and features a refreshing line-up of guests—including yogis, holistic lifestylists, clean beauty experts, and a plethora of other movers, shakers, and innovators within the wellness and beauty industries. This buzzworthy show speaks directly from women of color to women of color and strives to inspire women around the world.
4. Yes, Girl! - At Black Girl Magic headquarters (aka our editorial offices), we’re marrying two things we love: podcasts and interviews with bold, brilliant and badass women of color. ESSENCE’s “Yes, Girl” is an audio lovefest highlighting celebs and influencers taking the culture a little higher. Hosted by ESSENCE staffers Cori Murray and Yolanda Sangweni—and bonus: our love guru Charli Penn gets real with Black women on their unique sex and relationships stories—"Yes, Girl" will feature aspirational conversations with actresses Uzo Aduba and Danai Gurira; Power creator Courtney Kemp; celebrity hairstylist Kim Kimble; and many more.
5. Tea With Queen and J - Queen and J. are two funny womanist race nerds from the Bronx talking pop culture, politics and liberation over tea! New episode drops every Tuesday! Drink up!
6. The Mattie James Podcast - #MattieJames the podcast is a daily podcast where I - Mattie James, a style blogger based in Atlanta - share my experiences on blogging, branding + business in the blogosphere by answering your questions. After blogging for the last 5 years & working with the likes of H&M, Cotton, Club Monaco, American Express, Macy's & more, the purpose of this podcast is to help others prevent some mistakes by learning from mine. Please SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, rate (5 stars pretty please!) & review. You can also check out my blog where I post daily on style, blogging & lifestyle mattiejames.com.
7. Behind The Brilliance - Behind the Brilliance is a weekly podcast featuring conversations with some of the world’s most innovative and inspiring people in art, culture, technology, business, lifestyle, and personal development along with Lisa's inspiring and funny advice on life, creativity, and entrepreneurship.
8. Therapy For Black Girls - The Therapy for Black Girls Podcast is a weekly chat about all things mental health, personal development, and all the small decisions we can make to become the best possible versions of ourselves. Join your host, Dr. Joy Harden Bradford, a licensed Psychologist in Atlanta, Georgia, as she offers practical tips and strategies to improve your mental health, discusses the latest news and trends in mental health, pulls back the curtain on what happens in therapy sessions, and answers your listener questions.
9. She’s Got Drive - The She’s Got Drive podcast asks Black women, What empowers ‘her’? How does she overcome obstacles, and what is the source of her success? if you want to have more DRIVE and success in your own life as well as tools, strategies, and confidence to change your life this podcast is for you. Host Shirley uses her 19 years as a coach to teach you the lessons of women with DRIVE.
10. Naked Beauty - Unfiltered talk about beauty trends, tips, and products, hosted by Brooke DeVard, with the girls who get it.