Top New Podcasts of 2018 #Top2018Podcasts
1. Making Obama - The story of former President Barack Obama's journey from Chicago to the national stage — from advisers, rivals, and Obama himself.
2. Small Doses with Amanda Seales - Your favorite truth teller, comedian, Amanda Seales, is dropping gems with, “Small Doses,” a weekly podcast that brings you potent truths for everyday use.
3. The Jealous Vegan - We believe that plant-based eating is better for all humans and for our planet yet we recognize how hard it is to transition and maintain. The Jealous Vegan podcast exists to: 1) support, encourage, and cheer for those who want or need to sustainably change their way of eating, lifestyle, mindset, and habits. 2) raise the dialogue about plant-based living from dogma to honest discussion. 3) uphold our body’s unique wisdom as the ultimate authority on what we should eat.
4. Keep It - Ira Madison III, culture critic and columnist, is joined each week by comedians, journalists, actors, musicians, activists, politicians and more for a conversation at the intersection of pop culture and politics at a time when we're all obsessing over both. Movies! Music! Terrible tweets by celebrities trying to seem engaged while bragging about their latest project! This show has it all.
5. About Race with Reni Eddo-Lodge - From the author behind the bestselling Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race (http://renieddolodge.co.uk/books/) comes a podcast that takes the conversation a step further. Featuring key voices from the last few decades of anti-racist activism, About Race with Reni Eddo-Lodge looks at the recent history that lead to the politics of today.
6. Jesus and Jollof - Jesus and Jollof is a podcast featuring Luvvie Ajayi and Yvonne Orji, two proudly Nigerian women (who have no behavior) talking about the things they love, their stories, and life in general. Why “Jesus and Jollof?” Those are the two things they cannot do without. Besides, the other option was “2 Goat Queens.”
7. Today Explained - News comes at you fast. Join us at the end of your day to understand it. Monday to Friday. All killer, no filler. Hosted by Sean Rameswaram.
8. Hella Single - Hella Single is a fresh and honest look at some of the less frequented corners of being black, gay, and single. Each Thursday, host Lamont Baldwin examines all areas of single life with conversations accompanied by his exes, former flings and even hook ups. Each week he chats with other queer black men in an effort to finally answer the old adage, why am I single?
9. Success With God & Psych!! - Professional and practical tips for love, relationships, parenting, living life to the fullest, self-improvement & more. Start living a life full of blessings, impact and purpose. Improve your overall happiness, effectiveness, relationships and mental fortitude with Author, Psychologist & Speaker/Trainer Dr. Jessica Kerzner and guests. Dr. Kerzner delivers straight talk with humor and simple strategies embedded with God and Psychology (with southern charm) so that every episode gives you a burst of excitement for your PURPOSE in life and steps to attain it AND walk it out.
10. Culture Genius (premium) - Stitcher Premium presents Culture Genius, a Black AF trivia game show hosted by the creators of the Black Joy Mixtape Podcast, Amber J. Phillips, The High Priestess of Black Joy and Jaz The King of the South. Each week, Amber and Jaz recap some of the most iconic moments in Black Culture while quizzing contestants who are some of the best, brightest, and hilarious talents in media, art, and culture. Running through trivia categories like “Black in The Day”, “The Price is A’ight” and “Buss A Rhyme”, every show is a celebration of Black excellence from the past, present, and the future! Listen as contestants go hard to earn respect and the esteemed title, Culture Genius! Do it for the culture, and play along! Who knows, you may be a Culture Genius too!